Volunteer Victim Advocates provide in-person direct services to survivors at local emergency rooms and law enforcement centers.*
Hotline volunteers are integral to our crisis intervention services – they answer calls on our 24-hour hotline. *
Family Services Volunteer
Assisting with childcare in the shelter and for groups is an important and gratifying role that makes a difference in the lives of the children we serve.*
*Victim Advocacy, Hotline Advocacy, and Family Services volunteer opportunities require the 60-Hour Domestic & Sexual Violence Certification.
Click HERE for more information about our 60-Hour Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault Certification
Promote our mission by supporting various events and marketing efforts at Mutual Ground and in the community. Volunteer also on-site and assist with projects. Current Opportunities:
- Miss Fannie’s Yard Sale – Looking for set-up help the week of July 22 and for the Yard Sale held on Friday, July 26 and Saturday, July 27.
- Maintenance Assistance – Come in on a weekly or monthly basis, or work on a specific project. We are looking for a commitment of just a few hours per month.
- Clothing Closet Organizers – Volunteer within your schedule. Help us sort donated clothing and organize our on-site clothing closet. You will really enjoy working on this project.
- Student Volunteers – We love working with high school students! Join us this Summer during business hours and get credit for school service hours.
- Experienced Painters – We have many painting projects at Mutual Ground and welcome experienced painters (professional or amateur) to help us improve our facility.
- Prepare Dinner & Baked Goods for our Shelter Residents – Provide a meal or baked goods for our shelter residents. Food will be dropped off, not served. Please plan to feed 25 people, including children.
Corporate or Community Groups
We welcome community groups as well as corporate groups wishing to undertake an on-site project, volunteer for an event, or establish a day of caring at Mutual Ground. We will provide a valuable day of volunteering that includes an overview of our organization and a tour if possible.
Please consider having your group join us for our upcoming Yard Sale on the last weekend of July. It takes many hands to make this fundraiser a success!
To volunteer or for any questions, contact Julie Ford, Volunteer Program Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 630.897.0084 ext 104.