Volunteer Victim Advocates provide in-person direct services to survivors at local emergency rooms and law enforcement centers.*
Hotline volunteers are integral to our crisis intervention services – they answer calls on our 24-hour hotline. *
Family Services Volunteer
Assisting with childcare in the shelter and for groups is an important and gratifying role that makes a difference in the lives of the children we serve.*
*Victim Advocacy, Hotline Advocacy, and Family Services volunteer opportunities require the 60-Hour Domestic & Sexual Violence Certification.
Click HERE for more information about our 60-Hour Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault Certification
Promote our mission by supporting various events and marketing efforts at Mutual Ground and in the community. Volunteer also on-site and assist with projects. Current Opportunities include:
- Walk for Hope – Come help us have a wonderful walk this year on Sunday, September 29. We need help:
- Cutting Bagels on Saturday, September 28 from 2 to 3 p.m.
- Packing the Truck on Saturday, September 28 from 3 to 5 p.m.
- Working the event on Sunday, September 29 from 7 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Clothing Closet Organizer & Volunteers – Looking for a special Volunteer or two to coordinate our Clothing Closet. Time commitment about 3 hours/week. Also need helpers to sort donated clothing, hang items and organize our on-site Clothing Closet on a weekly basis.
- Student Volunteers – We love working with students! Join us on Wednesdays or Thursdays anytime between 3 p.m. and 6 p.m. and get credit for school service hours. Stay an hour or longer. Log 25 volunteer hours and get a special prize!
- Shelter Kitchen Volunteers – Looking for a special Volunteer or two to help organize the food and kitchen for our many shelter families. Time commitment 4 hours/every other week. Option to also cook for shelter families if 60-hour Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault trained.
- Santa’s Workshop – We are in need of individual volunteers and volunteer groups to help during early December. Santa’s Workshop is scheduled for December 11 through 14.
- Prepare Dinner & Baked Goods for our Shelter Residents – Provide a meal or baked goods for our shelter residents. Food will be dropped off, not served. Please plan to feed 25 people, including children.
Corporate or Community Groups
We welcome community groups as well as corporate groups wishing to undertake an on-site project, volunteer for an event, or establish a day of caring at Mutual Ground. We will provide a valuable day of volunteering that includes an overview of our organization and a tour if possible.
Please consider having your group join us for Santa’s Workshop. We will need help to turn part of our agency into a virtual store for our clients, who can shop for the holidays at no charge. Volunteer groups can also help work the event, held December 11 through 14 (times to be determined).
To volunteer or for any questions, contact Julie Ford, Volunteer Program Administrator, at email@example.com or 630.897.0084 ext 104.