Volunteer Victim Advocates provide in-person direct services to survivors at local emergency rooms and law enforcement centers.*
Hotline volunteers are integral to our crisis intervention services – they answer calls on our 24-hour hotline. *
Family Services Volunteer
Assisting with childcare in the shelter and for groups is an important and gratifying role that makes a difference in the lives of the children we serve.*
*Victim Advocacy, Hotline Advocacy, and Family Services volunteer opportunities require the 60-Hour Domestic & Sexual Violence Certification.
Click HERE for 60-Hour Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault Certification information
General Ambassador Volunteers
Promote our mission by supporting various events and marketing efforts at Mutual Ground and in the community. Volunteer on-site and/or assist with projects.
- Clothing Closet – Help sort and organize in-kind donations for our boutique-style shop for our clients and their families.
- Community Outreach – Raise awareness about Mutual Ground at special events and tabling opportunities. Also deliver marketing materials to area communities we serve.
- Fundraising Committees – Take part in organizing important special events, including our Annual Walk for Hope and/or Main Event Gala.
- Gardening Club – Love to work outdoors? Our beautifully landscaped grounds always need tender loving care from Spring to Fall.
- Property & Maintenance – We appreciate skilled volunteers who can help with on-site maintenance issues, manual work and do-it-yourself projects.
- Student Volunteers – We welcome high school and college student volunteers!
- High School Student Advisory Board – Learn about Mutual Ground, earn volunteer hours, work in the non-profit sector, develop leadership skills and provide community help.
- Volunteer After School – Volunteer on-site for special projects and events. Log 25 hours and earn a special prize.
- College Internship Opportunities – Click HERE for more information.
Take the first step, complete our Volunteer Application Form.
Corporate or Community Groups
We welcome community groups as well as corporate groups wishing to undertake an on-site project, volunteer for an event, or establish a day of caring at Mutual Ground. We will provide a valuable day of volunteering that includes an overview of our organization and a tour if possible. We are currently offering outdoor landscaping opportunities which allows for social distancing.
To volunteer or for any questions regarding volunteering, please contact Julie Ford, Volunteer Program Administrator, at email@example.com or 630.897.0084 ext 104.